Friday, March 02, 2007

Basement flooding blues...

Our ground is still frozen here in most spots and yet yesterday we had a brief warming spell with a thunderstorm that thanks in part to our neighbor piling up his snow from his driveway in a manner that the melting snow and deluge of rainwater went the only place it could...our basement...created quite a mess last night. I went outside with a sharp edged hoe and created my own rain water drainage line to help relieve some of the huge puddles that had gathered. I also made a trough in the snow/iceline so that the neighbor's piles of melting snow would trickled down his driveway down to the street and then on to the sewer. I suppose the good thing is that we spent quite a bit of time and money coating the basement walls with what was supposed to be a waterproof sealer, without that I have a feeling it would have been much worse...

No comments: