I follow the automotive industry very carefully since a good portion of the manufacturing jobs in this area are related to automotive. While of course it has decreased from the past as far as the number of total jobs in the area directly connected to automotive, it's still a huge factor.
So, it was with interest that I heard rumors then read confirmation that Chrysler bought by Cerberus for $7.4B. What affect will this have on the Toledo area? That is too soon to tell but I can say for certain that many of us will be watching carefully with the hope that it will have a positive impact on our economy.
1 comment:
Historically, pensioners and recent retirees will get hurt.
Threats of, "take this, or we'll declare bankruptcy and you'll get nothing," force drastic benefit cuts for the recipients and big profits for the new owners.
But, time will tell...
Post a Comment